When planning my first trip to Curaçao, I knew that I wanted to experience the island’s beaches as well as historic Willemstad. With this in mind, I chose to stay at the Hilton Curaçao. This hotel is an easy 10-minute drive from the Curaçao International Airport. Plus, it features two private beaches AND a free shuttle to downtown Willemstad. We were able to effortlessly enjoy all of Curaçao’s best activities, thanks to the Hilton’s prime location. In this post, I’ll be giving you more information on the Hilton Curaçao. Moreover, I’ll highlight precisely why I believe this hotel is the perfect choice for first-timers (and repeat visitors) in Curaçao.
The Hilton Curaçao offers the complete relaxing Caribbean experience: everything you could need is right at your fingertips. It’s possible to spend most of your vacation without even having to leave the property! You can start your day with breakfast at Aqua Restaurant, where you’ll be able to dine with the ocean in view and the sound of the waves crashing. Afterward, I recommend grabbing a chair and taking advantage of one of the private beaches. The comfy lounge chairs are complimentary and have umbrellas, too, if you prefer to be under the shade. Plus, it’s only about a 30-second walk from breakfast to the beach! If you need a break from the beach, head up to the infinity pool. On your way, stop by Captain Bligh’s Bar or the Celeste Beach Bar for a cocktail.
When I say that the Hilton Curaçao has everything covered, I mean it. You can kayak, paddleboard, snorkel, and even go diving–all right on the property. Due to all of the Hilton’s amenities and proximity to the airport and historic Willemstad, renting a car during your vacation isn’t necessary. I would plan to have enough cash to cover a taxi from the airport and back (approximately USD 25 each way). Other than that, sign up to take the hotel’s free shuttle to Willemstad to see more of the city! From the drop-off point, you’ll be able to explore popular attractions such as the Queen Emma Bridge, the floating market, and the colorful Pietermaai district.
Read more: Why Curaçao is the Perfect Winter Getaway
Pro tip: The Hilton’s complimentary shuttles depart daily from the hotel at 8:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. They return to the Hilton at 1:15 P.M., and 5:15 P.M. Sign up for the shuttle at least one day in advance.
The Hilton Curaçao offers a range of accommodations, including guest rooms and suites with either an ocean, island or partial ocean view. I stayed in one of the guest rooms with an ocean view, which I highly recommend. It was so lovely to be able to spend time out on the balcony and listen to the waves! The room’s tropical decor with light oak furniture made me feel right at home in this island paradise. All guest rooms at the Hilton feature a Hilton Serenity bed, LCD flat panel TV, a complimentary safe, coffee maker, hairdryer, MP3 clock radio, and high-speed internet access.
One of the best parts of staying at the Hilton Curaçao is the variety of dining options–especially if you want to maximize your beach time. Here’s a breakdown of all of the property’s dining and bar outlets:
- The Corner Shop: For a quick snack, like a sandwich, chips, or coffee, this is your place! It’s right next to the infinity pool, making it an easy option for those in a rush.
- Aqua Restaurant: This is where guests enjoy the Caribbean breakfast buffet in the mornings. Make sure to check out the live omelet station, where you can order your eggs exactly how you like them. This restaurant also has a pretty view of the property!
- Captain Bligh’s Bar: For a lighter meal or a trendy cocktail, don’t miss this bar, directly next to the lobby. Captain Bligh’s typically has specials for the day, written on a blackboard outside of the venue. After spending the day at the beach, don’t forget to check out this bar’s daily happy hour.
- Celeste Beach Bar: Another excellent option for a tropical cocktail or a lighter lunch. On Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays, Celeste has a delicious Steak and BBQ Night. This bar is also a great sunset spot!
- Cielo: The Hilton’s very own Italian restaurant. If you’d like to have a fancier night out, make a reservation ahead of time at Cielo.
Hilton Curaçao Overview
Based on my 6-day experience at the Hilton Curaçao, I highly recommend this property. The location, as well as the on-site water activities and private beaches, make this hotel worth a visit. If you’re looking to have a laid-back trip, the Hilton would be a great option, as you can go to the beach, pool, and dine without having to leave the property. Even if you want to pack in a lot of adventures into your Curaçao trip, the Hilton also makes a perfect choice–you can stay at the beach and still see historic Willemstad with no problem!
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later!
The Hilton Curaçao sponsored this review in exchange for a 5-night stay. Nonetheless, all opinions are my own.